Ingredients: 1 pouch of instant barley,29 oz. can of black beans – drained,4 stalks of celery with leaves- chopped,4 cloves of garlic – chopped,fresh ground black pepper,1 Jalapeño – grilled& chopped with seeds,Olive oil for drizzling,1 healthy handful of fresh Italian parsley – chopped,12 ounces bag of frozen green peas,1 cup of uncooked rice,1 bunch of fresh scallions – chopped,sea salt
- Place the rice and barley into the rice cooker.
- Place the peas in the steamer.On a heated griddle place the jalapeno and grill on all sides and chop.In a large frying pan heat a few drizzles of olive oil and add the garlic, parsley, celery and scallions.
- Saute for a minute or two and add the cooked rice, barley, Jalapeno, and peas.
- Add the drained black beans and toss.
- Add the seasonings and another drizzle of olive oil.