Granola bars are a great snack to have on hand when you need a quick burst of energy. Many store-bought granola bars are loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients, so why not make your own? This easy homemade granola bar recipe is simple to make and tastes delicious.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pecans work well)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (such as raisins, cranberries, or chopped apricots)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, and dried fruit.
- In a small microwavable bowl, heat the honey and peanut butter for about 30 seconds until melted. Add the vanilla and salt, and stir to combine.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oats and stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and press it down firmly with a spatula or your hands.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan before cutting into bars.
These granola bars will keep for up to a week if stored in an airtight container in the fridge. They’re a great snack to pack in your lunch or to take with you on the go!
- Use different kinds of nuts or dried fruit
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the cooled bars
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or cardamom to the oats mixture
With this easy granola bar recipe, you’ll have a healthy and delicious snack that you can enjoy anytime, anywhere.