Trail mix is a great snack for when you’re on the go, whether you’re hiking, traveling, or just need a quick pick-me-up at work. However, store-bought trail mix can be expensive and often high in added sugars and preservatives. By making your own trail mix, you can control the ingredients and know exactly what you’re eating. Plus, it’s super easy and only takes 5 minutes!
- 1 cup unsalted almonds
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Divide into individual snack bags or store in an airtight container.
Feel free to mix and match ingredients to suit your taste preferences. Here are a few ideas:
- Add in some unsweetened dried apricots or goji berries for a tart and tangy flavor.
- If you prefer a sweeter trail mix, you can add in a bit of honey or maple syrup to the mix before stirring.
- If you’re a fan of savory flavors, try adding in some roasted chickpeas or pumpkin seeds for a bit of crunch.