Granola bars are the perfect snack to take on the go, but most store-bought options are loaded with sugar and preservatives. Making your own granola bars at home is surprisingly easy and much healthier, too!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line an 8-inch (20-cm) square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats and almonds.
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey, coconut oil, and salt over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press down firmly with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the dish.
- Lift the parchment paper to remove the granola from the dish, then cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
These easy and delicious homemade granola bars are a great snack to have on hand for a quick and healthy energy boost. Experiment with different nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate chips to make your own unique flavor combinations!