A Cozy Fall Beverage To Warm You Up
alt=”Hot apple cider in mug with cinnamon sticks and apple slices” width=”500″ height=”333″>
As the cool weather approaches, the first thing on anyone’s mind is keeping themselves warm and comfortable. Nothing
screams comfort more than a hot cup of spiced up apple cider. This recipe will show you how to take your regular
apple cider to a whole new level by making it spicier and cozier. Trust us, this will become your go-to recipe
for fall evenings.
- 8 cups of apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 whole allspice berries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour the apple cider into a large pot on medium heat.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice berries, and brown sugar to the pot. Stir well.
- Add the slices of orange and lemon to the pot and keep stirring.
- Let the cider come to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer the cider for 10-15 minutes or until the flavors have blended together.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Discard the spices and fruits by straining the cider through a fine mesh sieve.
- Your spiced up hot apple cider is ready to be served!
- Pour into mugs and add a cinnamon stick or orange slice for garnish if desired.