Ingredients: 4 medium eggplants,3-4 cloves garlic, chopped,Fresh ground pepper to taste,1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons olive oil,1 large onion, chopped,1/2 cup chopped parsley,1/2 teaspoon salt,1 teaspoon caster sugar,2 lbs tomatoes, blanched, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Add tomatoes and parsley, season with salt, pepper and sugar. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring ocasionally about 15 minutes.While sauce is simmiring, place eggplants in a bowl with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, toss until the eggplant cubes are well coated.
- Transfer the eggplants to a large sized oven-proof pan and spread out in to one layer. Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes or until browned slightly.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Place the roasted eggplants in the baking dish, spread tomato sauce evenly to cover the eggplants.
- Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven
- Serve cold and sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving
- Why did the priest faint? Youll see 🙂 )