Ingredients: 140 grams – whole wheat flour (atta),5 tablespoons – sunflower oil,7 tablespoons – low fat milk,6 tablespoons – muscovado sugar / castor sugar,1/4 teaspoon – vanilla essence,1/4 cup – almonds, blanched and sliced thinly,1/4 cup – pistachio, coarsely powdered,1/4 teaspoon – bicarbonate of soda,a pinch of salt,Icing – 2 1/2 tbsp castor sugar, 3 drops of warm milk and 3 strands of s
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree C and line a baking tray.
- Mix together the oil, milk, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, almond slices pistachio, salt and bicaarbonate of soda.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the liquid mixture and mix lightly with a wooden spoon. Do not overmix.
- Scoop 1 tsp of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Place them on the lined baking tray, spaced well apart and flatten slightly.
- Place the tray in the centre of the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a cookie, comes out clean.
- Let the cookies cool in the tray for 5 minutes and then transfer them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle the icing on the cookies. Leave to set.