Crispy, salty and delicious, homemade potato chips are the perfect snack or side dish. Making them at home is incredibly easy and allows you to customize the flavor to your liking. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make crispy and savory homemade potato chips that are sure to impress.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Then, using a mandoline slicer or a sharp knife, slice the potatoes into thin rounds. Aim for thickness between 1/16-inch and 1/8-inch.
- Place the potato slices in a large bowl and add the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Toss well to coat all the potato slices evenly.
- Arrange the potato slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the potato chips are golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
You can experiment with different flavor combinations to create your own custom potato chips. Here are some ideas:
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and chopped rosemary to the spice mix for a more herbaceous flavor.
- Sprinkle some chili powder and cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
- Use smoked paprika instead of regular paprika for a smoky flavor.
- Add some onion powder and cumin for a more savory taste.
- Drizzle some honey and sprinkle a little sea salt for a sweet and salty snack.