As the weather cools down and the leaves begin to change colors, it’s the perfect time to warm up with a comforting cup of spiced apple cider. This recipe is simple to make and uses whole spices and fresh apples, giving it an extra dose of flavor and aroma.
- 8 cups of apple cider or apple juice
- 1 orange, sliced
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 tsp allspice berries
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 4-5 apples, sliced
- In a large pot, combine apple cider, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice berries, and black peppercorns. You can use a cheesecloth to tie the spices together for easier removal later.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for at least 30 minutes (or longer for more intense flavor).
- Add the sliced apples and let them cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the spices (if using a cheesecloth) and ladle the spiced apple cider into mugs.
Enjoy this spiced apple cider on a chilly fall evening, or serve it at your next gathering. Your guests will love the cozy aroma and delicious taste.