Ingredients: 3 tbsp brown sugar,3.5 tbsp brown sugar,2 tsp cinnamon,2.5 tbsp coconut oil, melted,1 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight in the fridge,1/8 tsp ground ginger,1 cup hazelnuts or pecans,1/8 tsp nutmeg,1/3 cup powdered sugar,1 can unsweetened pumpkin puree,1/4 tsp salt,1/2 tsp vanilla extract,3/4 cup vegan semisweet chocolate chips,2 tbsp cold water,1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake or mini tart tray with paper liners.In a food processor or a blender, process hazelnuts, flour, sugar, coconut oil, and salt.
- Add 2 tbsp water and pulse until the dough forms. The texture should be like coarse, wet sand.
- Add about 2 tbsp of crust dough to each of the paper cups. Press and flatten the dough into the cup using the fingers.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.In the meantime, blend the filling ingredients together until thoroughly mixed and creamy.When the crust is ready, melt the chocolate chips using the double boiler method or simply microwaving for about 1 minute.
- Add about 2 tsp melted chocolate into the center of each mini pie crust and spread it out and up toward the sides.Fill the remaining space in each mini pie crust with the pumpkin mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-24 minutes until the edges are lightly browned. Cool to room temperature, then chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.(optional) top with coconut whipped cream, cocoa powder and cinnamon and serve.Coconut whipped cream: Open the chilled coconut milk can and scoop out the top cream part only. Blend the cream with powdered sugar and vanilla extract.