Ingredients: 1 bell pepper,2 cloves of garlic,1 tablespoon olive oil,pepper,3-4 medium potatoes,1½ medium red onion,salt,¼ teaspoon thyme,1-2 tomatoes,100 g grated vegan cheese,2-3 medium zucchinis
- Chop one red onion, then simmer it on one tablespoon olive oil.
- Cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides using a spoon or melon scooper and chop them.
- Add the chopped zucchini to the onion, cook it stirring occasionally.Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes and cook in salted water.Preheat the oven to 180°C/ °F and grease an overproof dish.Season the zucchini boats with salt and pepper as taste and brush them with a little oil. If your zucchinis are big or thick or you prefer them very soft, bake them in the oven for 10 minutes before filling. The average medium sized zucchinis become soft without pre-baking them.
- Cut the tomatoes and bell pepper into little chunks, cut a half red onion into thin slices, put them aside.When the potato is cooked, drain it and smash it. Stir it to the cooked zucchini and onion mixture, season with salt, pepper and thyme.Stuff the zucchini boats with the potato mixture.
- Place the tomato, pepper and red onion slices on the top of the boats’ filling.
- Sprinkle the top of zucchini boats with your favorite grated vegan cheese.
- Put the vegan zucchini boats in the prepared dish, place them into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve the zucchini boats warm.