Ingredients: cup ½ minced onions,2 tablespoons olive oil,1 teaspoon chopped garlic,1 ea. tomato, chopped,1 ounce lemon juice,1 cup cooked long grain rice,1/4 cup chopped dill,1 package 4 oz. Chavrie Goat Cheese Log,1 (16-ounce) jar grape leaves
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add the onions and cook over medium heat until the onions are soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomato, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the dill.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
- Meanwhile drain the grape leaves and carefully pull them apart.
- Put them into a bowl of cold water.
- Let them soak until you are ready to roll.
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Place a grape leaves on your work surface, shiny side down.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the rice mixture to the middle of the grape leaf. Along with a thin slice of Chavrie
- Fold the sides over the rice and roll the leaf into a small log shape, about the size of a cigar
- Repeat with the remaining rice mixture
- Place the rolled grape leaves into a casserole dish.
- When all the mixture or cheese is used, cover rolled leaves with several layers of flat grape leaves and pour in 1 cup of chicken stock
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes
- Let cool to room temperature and refrigerate.
- Serve well chilled