Ingredients: 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar,1 egg,3/4 cup milk,1 cup pancake mix,3/4 can peaches,2 tablespoons (Crisco) shortening or butter,1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Puree 3/4 can peaches by placing slices only, no juice in a blender or food processor. Pulse couple of times to get a chunky (apple sauce) texture.
- Heat skillet or griddle on medium-high heat with shortening. In a small bowl or cup, whisk egg and oil. In medium mixing bowl, combine pancake mix, milk, egg and oil mixture and brown sugar.
- Whisk until smooth and bumpy. (Don’t mix too much, pancakes will be tough) Fold in peach puree.
- Pour mixture into hot skillet a cup at a time to create large puddles of dough. Turn once, after bubbles appear in dough ovals. Cook in batches. Pancakes should be browned.
- Serve on plates with butter and syrup (optional).