Ingredients: 2 Good quality duck breasts,1 Cinnamon stick,2 Star anise,2 centimeters Ginger (sliced),4 Garlic cloves (slightly crushed and leave the skins on),2 stalks Spring onion (cut into about 4-5cm),Orange zests, to taste,3 1/2 tablespoons Orange juice,4 tablespoons Dark soy sauce,5 tablespoons Soy sauce,1 1/2 teaspoons Sugar,1 teaspoon White pepper,2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine,2 teaspoons Five-Spice powder
- Wash and use kitchen towel to pad dry the duck breasts.
- Place the duck breasts in a big bowl and put in all the above mentioned ingredients and seasonings.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and put into the fridge to marinate for a few hours.
- Once the duck breasts have been marinated for a few hours, heat a pan and make sure its hot enough to sear the duck breasts.
- Always skin side down.
- Meanwhile, turn on the oven at 180 200 C.
- Cook the skin side for about 8-10 minutes. Then turn the other side and cook for about 5-1
- Once both side are seared, put the duck breasts into the pre-heated oven and cook for about 25 minutes depending if youd like to have the meats slightly medium cooked. If you prefer them to be cooked well done, leave in the oven slightly longer.
- Check the duck breasts from time to time and and brush the marinate on each side to keep them moist and to have nice golden brown colour.
- Once the breasts are cooked, slice the breasts thinly and serve on the plate with its juice.