Quinoa is a versatile and nutritious ingredient that is great for incorporating into fresh and flavorful salads. This quinoa salad recipe is packed with colorful veggies and bold flavors, making it the perfect dish to enjoy on a warm summer day.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water and then place it in a saucepan with the 2 cups of water. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan. Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the veggies. Dice the bell peppers, cucumber, and red onion and add them to a large bowl.
- Add the chopped parsley and mint to the bowl with the veggies.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Once the quinoa is done cooking, add it to the bowl with the veggies and herbs. Pour the dressing over everything and mix well to combine.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together before serving.
This colorful quinoa salad is the perfect combination of fresh veggies and bold flavors. It’s a great vegan and gluten-free option for lunch or dinner, and it’s easy to make in advance for busy weeknights. Experiment with different veggies and herbs to make it your own!