Ingredients: 1/2 pound boneless skinless, chicken breast, thinly sliced,1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided,2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided,3 tablespoons medium-dry Sherry or a mixture of rice vinegar and sugar,2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided,2 tablespoons minced peeled ginger, divided,2 teaspoons minced garlic,1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds,1/8 teaspoon hot red-pepper flakes, or more to taste,4 inches celery ribs, sliced diagonally ¼ thick, leaves chopped and reserved separately,2 carrots, peeled and sliced,1/2 cup broccoli florets, steamed or frozen,1/2 white onion
- Slice chicken across the grain about 1/8 inch thick. Toss chicken with 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger and a pinch of salt. Allow to marinate while you chop the veggies.
- Stir together rice wine, remaining soy sauce, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch.
- Heat wok over high heat until smoking, then pour 1 tablespoon oil down side and swirl to coat.
- Add chicken in 1 layer and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, less than 1 minute.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining oil to wok, then add ginger, garlic, cumin, and red-pepper flakes and stir-fry 15 seconds.
- Add celery, onion, broccoli and carrots then stir-fry 3 minutes, then add chicken and juices and stir-fry 3 minutes. Stir rice-wine mixture, then pour into wok and stir-fry until sauce is bubbling, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in celery leaves.
- Serve on a bed of steamed rice or brown rice.