Ingredients: 1 t. almond extract,2 ½ t. baking powder,½ t. baking soda,2 c. flour,¾ t. salt,1 ¼ c. sugar,1 ½ c. whole almonds, coarsely chopped,2 whole eggs, plus 1 egg, separated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add 2 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk, almond extract, and almonds.
- Mix thoroughly until dough holds together.
- Add half of reserved egg white, if necessary, to make a cohesive dough.With wet hands, shape dough into 4 logs, each 6 long and 1 in diameter.
- Place 3-4 apart on baking sheets.
- Bake on middle rack of oven until logs are light golden brown and spring back when touched (about 24 minutes). Cool 15 minutes.Lower oven to 27
- Slice logs with a serrated knife diagonally into 1/2 slices. Return to oven and bake until completely dry and crisp throughout (about 40 minutes). Cool.