Ingredients: 2 sticks butter, room temperature,2 cups powdered sugar,2 teaspoons vanilla extract,2 cups all purpose flour,1 cup pecans, toasted, coarsely ground,1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Beat butter in large bowl in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Beat in flour, then pecans. Divide dough in half; form each half into ball. Wrap in plastic and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and cinnamon in pie dish to blend. Set cinnamon sugar aside.
- Working with half of chilled dough, roll dough by 2 teaspoonfuls between palms into balls. Arrange balls on heavy large baking sheet, spacing 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake cookies for 18 minutes or until golden brown on bottom and just pale golden on top. Cool cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- Gently toss warm cookies in cinnamon sugar to coat completely.
- Transfer coated cookies to rack and cool completely. Repeat with other half of the dough.
- Sift remaining cinnamon sugar over cookies and serve.