Jalapeño poppers are a classic appetizer that are always a hit at any party or gathering. This recipe takes the traditional jalapeño popper up a notch by adding more flavorful stuffing with a variety of ingredients. Prepare to delight your taste buds with these mouth-watering stuffed jalapeño poppers!
- 12 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise with seeds removed
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, grated cheddar cheese, cooked and crumbled bacon, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt and black pepper, and mix well.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into each jalapeño half, filling it to the top. Arrange the stuffed peppers on the baking sheet and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of each pepper half.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the jalapeños are tender and the breadcrumbs are golden brown. Sprinkle the chopped fresh chives on top of the jalapeño poppers and serve immediately.
You can also make these stuffed jalapeño poppers ahead of time and freeze them. Simply prepare the poppers as instructed and place them in an airtight container or plastic freezer bag. When you’re ready to serve them, just thaw them in the refrigerator and bake as directed in the recipe.
With this amazing stuffed jalapeño poppers recipe, you can wow your family and friends with an appetizer that is easy to make and tastes delicious. These poppers are sure to become a favorite in your household and are perfect for parties, game days or any day that calls for a spicy treat.