What are some simple ingredient options for making breakfast quesadillas?
About This Recipe
Looking for a delicious and filling breakfast? These quick and easy breakfast quesadillas are sure to jumpstart your day! They’re packed with protein and veggies, and can be customized to your liking. Plus, they only take a few minutes to make, so they’re perfect for busy mornings.
- 2 large tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced veggies (such as bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salsa and sour cream for serving (optional)
- In a large skillet, melt one tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced veggies to the skillet and sauté them until they’re slightly softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, then pour them into the skillet with the veggies. Use a spatula to scramble the eggs, and season them with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the eggs are cooked, remove them from the skillet and set them aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean, and melt the remaining tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat.
- Place one tortilla in the skillet, and sprinkle half of the shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Add the scrambled eggs on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top of the eggs.
- Place the second tortilla on top of the cheese, and press down gently with a spatula.
- Cook the quesadilla for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the tortillas are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the quesadilla from the skillet and let it cool for a minute or two before slicing it into quarters.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired, and enjoy!