If you’re looking for a delicious and satisfying dinner option, look no further than this quick and easy recipe for lemon garlic roasted chicken. Not only is it packed with savory flavors, but it’s also simple to make – perfect for those busy weeknights when you want a satisfying meal without spending hours in the kitchen. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 lbs)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove the giblets from your chicken and discard them. Rinse the chicken inside and out with cold water, then pat it dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, olive oil, chopped rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Using your fingers, gently loosen the skin over the chicken breasts and legs.
- Spread the garlic-herb mixture under the skin, being careful not to tear it.
- Place the sliced lemon inside the chicken’s cavity.
- Truss the chicken with twine and place it in a roasting pan.
- Roast the chicken in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
And that’s it! In just a few simple steps, you can have a mouthwatering and satisfying meal that the whole family will love. So if you’re looking to mix up your dinner routine and try something new, give this lemon garlic roasted chicken a try. You won’t be disappointed!