Can you make this breakfast casserole ahead of time and reheat it in the morning for a quick breakfast?
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so you want to make sure you start it right. And what better way to do so than with a delicious casserole recipe that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized for the day ahead?
This breakfast casserole is easy to make and can be prepared the night before, making it the perfect choice for a quick and hassle-free morning meal. With a combination of hash browns, sausage, eggs, and cheese, this casserole is packed with all the flavors you crave in the morning. So, let’s get cooking!
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (32 oz.) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until browned and fully cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté onion and green pepper until tender. Set aside.
- Layer frozen hash browns on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Drizzle melted butter over the hash browns.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in cooked sausage, sautéed veggies, and shredded cheddar cheese. Pour the mixture over the hash browns in the baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the center is set and the edges are golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.