Ingredients: 1 large onion, chopped,1 cup brown rice,1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (I used small-size champignons; don’t use canned mushrooms because they’re absolutely tasteless.),1 tbsp unrefined sunflower oil,2 cups water,sea salt, to taste,1/3 tsp ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saut chopped onion and sliced mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add brown rice and stir to coat in oil.
- Add water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover with a lid.
- Let it rest until all liquid is absorbed.