Summer is here, and what better way to beat the heat than with a refreshing drink? This citrusy summer cooler is easy to make and will help keep you cool during the hottest days of the year. Plus, it’s a great way to use up all those citrus fruits that are in season right now. Here’s the recipe:
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 6-8 lemons)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Orange slices, optional
- In a large pitcher, combine water, lemon juice, lime juice, and orange juice. Stir well.
- Add honey or agave nectar and stir until well combined.
- Add lime and lemon slices to the pitcher and stir gently.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 1-2 hours to allow the flavors to blend together.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with orange slices, if desired.