Ingredients: full package fresh baby spinach,4 slices bacon,4 large pasteurized eggs,2 tablespoons olive oil,1 small sweet onion or ½ large sweet onion,salt & pepper,2 tablespoons vinegar
- Add bacon to onions and saut for about 10 minutes or until the onions are translucent and the bacon is almost cooked.While bacon and onions are cooking bring about 3 inches of water to a boil and add the vinegar. Once boiling reduce heat to just barely simmer.
- Add the spinach and turn with tongs until completely wilted and mixed with the bacon and onions.
- Saute for 2 minutes; just until spinach is cooked. Do not overcook!Give the water a gentle stir and just after you add the spinach to the onions and bacon, drop the eggs in one at a time to poach. (first break the eggs into a cup) 3 minutes will give you medium firm egg; runny yolk and solid whites.Divide the spinach evenly between two dinner plates and top with two poached eggs.
- Sprinkle black lava salt (if you have another kind of salt like truffle salt, that is great too!) and fresh ground black pepper.
- Serve with a large chunk of toasted baguette.