Ingredients: 1 pound King Arthur Special For Machines flour,2 tablespoons gluten,1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (1 ½ to 2),1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast,1 1/4 cups lukewarm water,1 tablespoon malt extract syrup (1 to 2) (or mix dry malt extract with the
- Mix dry ingredients. Dissolve malt syrup in the water, then dissolve yeast in the malt/water.
- Mix and shape as in sourdough recipe (see Sourdough Bagels recipe).
- Let rise in fridge 12 to 15 hours.
- Remove from fridge and prepare boiling water, heat oven etc. Bagels should be ready to boil by the time you are ready. They won’t need the couple hours of additional rising at cool room temp.
- 50-50 Whole Wheat version:Same, but use half whole wheat flour and increase the water to 1 1/2 cups.