What ingredients are needed to make the perfect fluffy pancake for breakfast?
Pancakes are the ultimate breakfast comfort food. There’s something so satisfying about stacking them up high and drenching them in syrup. This recipe for fluffy pancakes with blueberry syrup takes it to the next level by adding fresh blueberries to the batter and topping it off with a sweet and tangy blueberry syrup. It’s the perfect way to start your day!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and add the milk and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a greased griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour the batter onto the griddle or frying pan.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface and the edges start to look dry, then flip the pancake and cook for another minute or so on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving over the pancakes.
- You can use frozen blueberries if you don’t have fresh ones.
- If you don’t have a griddle or frying pan, you can use a non-stick skillet.
- You can adjust the thickness of the syrup by adding more or less water.
- The pancakes are best served warm and fresh, but you can reheat them in the microwave or oven.