Ingredients: cilantro,cooked white rice,3 garlic cloves chopped finely,1 piece of ginger, grated,2 tbsp honey,2 tbsp light soy sauce,1 bok choi,1 red chili pepper,2 tbsp Chinese rice wine vinegar,550gr / 1.2 lb shrimp (prawns), raw, but peeled, de veined and cleaned,4 spring onions (scallions) chopped to about 1 cm / 0.5in. pieces,2 tbsp sunflower oil (or other flavourless oil),4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl, taste it to check if you like the balance of flavour and adjust if you wish. Set this aside.
- Heat the oil on a very high heat in a wok. Get the oil as hot as you can, just below smoking point. Check the heat by dropping a piece of spring onion (scallion) and if it sizzles immediately, the oil is hot enough.
- Add the chili, garlic and ginger, stir and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the spring onions (scallions) and cook for a further minute.
- Add the shrimp (prawns) cook for about 2 minutes or until they turn pink.
- Add the sauce, keeping the heat high so that as soon as it hits your pan or wok, it sizzles and reduces.When the sauce has thickened a little, add the pak choi, mix through and cover it, cooking only for a minute.
- Serve with simply boiled white rice and sprinkle with some fresh coriander (cilantro).